Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe

TurkeyCranberrySandwichCut1 Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe
One of my most favorite sandwiches is made with turkey and cranberry sauce. When I was in jr. high school my uncle owned a deli. Every summer I worked the sandwich counter making several of these turkey cranberry sandwiches. They were a hit with the patrons and soon became my one of my all time favorites to make year round. If you have left over turkey from Thanksgiving or appreciate a good turkey sandwich with a twist – this is the sandwich for you! Enjoy!

sandwichfixins1 Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe

cranberryturkeysplit2 Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe

turkeycranberrysandwichwhole1 Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe

Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe
Serves: 1-2

Deli style turkey cranberry sandwich.
  • Deli Style Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe
  • 2 slices bread ( toasted or un-toasted)
  • mayonnaise
  • cream cheese, softened
  • cranberry sauce (simple recipe can be found here)
  • shaved turkey slices/turkey sandwich meat
  • lettuce
  • Optional:
  • sprouts
  • cucumbers
  • tomato slices
  • red onion
  1. Spread mayonnaise on one side of sliced bread and softened cream cheese on the other.
  2. Add sandwich elements in the following order omitting/adding anything you want to:
  3. Sliced bread with mayonnaise, lettuce, sprouts, cucumber slices, tomato slices, red onions, turkey slices, cranberry sauce, and sliced bread with cream cheese.
  4. Serve with a potato chips and a deli style pickle and you have the perfect lunch!

pin it button Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe

Comments

Oh yum. Well if I had any leftovers in this house I would make this. I do have a can of cranberry sauce left but turkey and everything else has been scavenged as of Thanksgiving night. My husband, though, is out cooking a small honey brined turkey right now on our BBQ on the rotisserie so I will make this tomorrow night. Not to copy Rachel R. too closely but YUM. O!

2. Elizabeth says

Believe it or not, everyone ate the turkey down to the bone! But this looks good enough that a trip to the shop might be in order…

Brilliant stroke to add the sprouts – I’m going to go start a batch right now and freeze the breastmeat so it’s still good by the time they are done.

Broccoli sprouts, here I come!

Your summers spent at the deli counter show in your impeccable sandwich stack, balanced, evenly distributed, and it even looks good after being sliced. I love turkey sandwiches too, but I tend to dip mine in gravy.

5. Shenandoah bed and breakfast says

You have really brilliant job and thanks for posting that recipe!
    I ate that same sandwich for dinner — so amazing! It’s a really popular combo in the UK with turkey, cranberries and arugula and I used to eat it almost every day in the fall when I lived in London.

Regards,

This looks great. I prefer chicken rather than turkey, but it works the same.

My brother buys a similar sandwich in a wrap, so that is another idea one can use the ingredients in.

Honestly, I have never tried cranberry for my sandwich and that makes me wonder why. Anyway, this recipe you have shared really sounds very delicious and these pictures just add more to my excitement on doing this at home. Thank you for sharing.