Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe

by Alice Currah on November 29, 2009. Updated November 29, 2013

One of my most favorite sandwiches is made with turkey and cranberry sauce. When I was in jr. high school my uncle owned a deli. Every summer I worked the sandwich counter making several of these turkey cranberry sandwiches. They were a hit with the patrons and soon became my one of my all time favorites to make year round. If you have left over turkey from Thanksgiving or appreciate a good turkey sandwich with a twist – this is the sandwich for you! Enjoy!

Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe
Serves: 1-2

Deli style turkey cranberry sandwich.
  • Deli Style Turkey Cranberry Sandwich Recipe
  • 2 slices bread ( toasted or un-toasted)
  • mayonnaise
  • cream cheese, softened
  • cranberry sauce (simple recipe can be found here)
  • shaved turkey slices/turkey sandwich meat
  • lettuce
  • Optional:
  • sprouts
  • cucumbers
  • tomato slices
  • red onion
  1. Spread mayonnaise on one side of sliced bread and softened cream cheese on the other.
  2. Add sandwich elements in the following order omitting/adding anything you want to:
  3. Sliced bread with mayonnaise, lettuce, sprouts, cucumber slices, tomato slices, red onions, turkey slices, cranberry sauce, and sliced bread with cream cheese.
  4. Serve with a potato chips and a deli style pickle and you have the perfect lunch!

jenn November 29, 2009 at 6:15 pm

Fantastic sandwiches!! I’ll be having something similar with my leftovers this week. Yum!!

Jenny November 29, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Oh yum. Well if I had any leftovers in this house I would make this. I do have a can of cranberry sauce left but turkey and everything else has been scavenged as of Thanksgiving night. My husband, though, is out cooking a small honey brined turkey right now on our BBQ on the rotisserie so I will make this tomorrow night. Not to copy Rachel R. too closely but YUM. O!

Chris November 29, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Wow, that is the best looking turkey sandwich I’ve seen this week! Great sandwich and perfect photos!

Elizabeth November 29, 2009 at 9:06 pm

Believe it or not, everyone ate the turkey down to the bone! But this looks good enough that a trip to the shop might be in order…

Elaine Cho November 29, 2009 at 9:19 pm

hahaha! i just told don about those sandwiches yesterday:) sunny deli?

Sustainable Eats November 29, 2009 at 9:53 pm

Brilliant stroke to add the sprouts – I’m going to go start a batch right now and freeze the breastmeat so it’s still good by the time they are done.

Broccoli sprouts, here I come!

Marc @ NoRecipes November 29, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Your summers spent at the deli counter show in your impeccable sandwich stack, balanced, evenly distributed, and it even looks good after being sliced. I love turkey sandwiches too, but I tend to dip mine in gravy.

Gina November 30, 2009 at 2:10 am

Looks delicious and beautiful photos!

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen November 30, 2009 at 6:04 pm

This is an awesome sandwich, add a bit of leftover stuffing and some cheddar cheese and you have my most favorite sandwich in the whole world! I am so glad you posted this! :)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction December 1, 2009 at 1:46 pm

I’m not a big sandwich eater, but this recipe sounds good to me! I love the bright color of the cranberries against the other ingredients in the picture. Beautiful!

Shenandoah bed and breakfast December 8, 2009 at 7:48 am

You have really brilliant job and thanks for posting that recipe!
I ate that same sandwich for dinner — so amazing! It’s a really popular combo in the UK with turkey, cranberries and arugula and I used to eat it almost every day in the fall when I lived in London.

Regards,

SuperChef January 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm

yummy sandwich with leftovers!

pita bread March 30, 2010 at 12:16 am

It’s official, I love your blog. The recipes are great, but the pictures are what totally do it for me. Like this sandwich – got to make it ASAP!

dia November 26, 2011 at 7:24 pm

A local eatery calls this sandwich the “Katrina” after a ballerina whose favorite it was 35 years ago! Bring out the GF bread!

Annette June 14, 2013 at 7:26 pm

This looks great. I prefer chicken rather than turkey, but it works the same.

My brother buys a similar sandwich in a wrap, so that is another idea one can use the ingredients in.

restaurant Fort Lauderdale July 3, 2013 at 5:42 am

Honestly, I have never tried cranberry for my sandwich and that makes me wonder why. Anyway, this recipe you have shared really sounds very delicious and these pictures just add more to my excitement on doing this at home. Thank you for sharing.