Memorial Day weekend in Seattle is always problematic for me because the weather is so unpredictable. My oldest daughter asked if she could host a BBQ for a couple families in the neighborhood Memorial Day. With the weather as it was (on Friday), I checked the weather report on three news channels, the local paper, and online weather stations. According to these sources Sunday was the only day it wasn’t suppose to rain. We invited two families over on Sunday and of course… it was grey, cold, and raining. Yesterday (Monday) was beautiful, sunny, and warm – typical Seattle weather.. so moody!
For our BBQ, the great folks at Sam’s Club provided me with a gift card for everything we needed including pork back ribs, wild Copper River salmon, hot dogs, buns, potato chips, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and other party essentials.
Even though our BBQ was moved indoors, everyone had a great time. Abigail has earned the title of ” hostess with the mostess.” She even baked and decorated a Memorial Day cake for dessert which disappeared quickly. I’m quite proud of her!
When I went to clean the grill for our bbq, guess what I discovered? Apparently, Mr. Charbroil is also BFF with some bees. But really…you don’t care about our grill. You are reading this post because you want to win the ULTIMATE GRILL. The kind of grill most men secretly desire but their wives won’t let them have. Yes.. that grill. The kind of grill that has every bell and whistle and makes you the most popular guy in the neighborhood. Yes.. that grill. The kind of grill that puts you into a grilling class of your own just because you own .. that grill.
Well would you like to see that grill?
Yes, I’m a tease.. there is still a lot of grill left to be seen! Here’s a little more…
Before I show you the final picture, let me tell you a few specs about this grill.
- The grill comes with a rotisserie and sear burner, as well as a split lid for separate cooking
- The party cart comes with a small refrigerator, dual walled ice bin with lid, cutting board and trash can
- The grill also has granite tops for food/drink preparation
- The grill has the ability to be converted to Natural Gas with conversion kit sold on Samsclub.com
Do you want more specifics? Of course you do! From the retailer:
The 2-N-1 Grill is equipped with a large grill and a party cart. The grill unit has both small and large cooking spaces, which makes it great for large or small gatherings. The party cart unit has a refrigerator and an ice bucket built in and also includes a bottle storage compartment.
- Electronic ignition
- 3 “I” burners – each 11,000/33,000 BTU Main Grill
- Total cooking area (main grill) 499 square inches
- 1 “U” Burner – 18,000 BTU Small Grill
- Total cooking area (small grill) 255 square inches
- Infrared side burner – 12,000 BTU
- Double wall hood, exterior and side panels
- Side hood
- Firebox smoker box
- Control panel with zinc alloy control knobs
- Temperature gauge
- 1 light in each fire box with water proof switch
- 8 HD castors with 4 locking
- PE cutting board
- Dual walled ice bin
- 3 “S” hooks
- Grill Dimensions: 58” x 24” x 47”
- Party Cart Dimensions: 38” x 24” x 34”
Drum roll please ………………………………………………….
Sam’s Club has partnered with Savory Sweet Life to give one lucky person 2-N-1 Grill (retail value $1299). Contest is opened to entrants with US mailing addresses only and will close June 6, 2010 at 9pm PST. Winner will be selected by random (random.org). <<UPDATE>> Contest is now closed. >>>>The Winner of the 2-N-1 Grill is Teresa Hall of Lexington, KY. Congrats Teresa!!<<<<
To enter this contest, please leave a comment below with your favorite food to grill. 1 entry per person.
If you would like an additional entry, Twitter this giveaway (once) by tweeting [copy and paste below]:
” I just entered Sam’s Club $1299 2-N-1 Grill giveaway. http://bit.ly/cs9kUt #SamsClub #SavorySweetLife #giveaway ”
COME BACK here and post another comment letting me know you tweeted. Good luck everyone!