Deep-Fried Nutella Banana Wontons

powderedsugarwontons Deep Fried Nutella Banana WontonsGood morning!  Hope you all had a lovely weekend.  Today I have a special treat for you.  I will warn you in advance that you will either love me or hate me for these.  Perhaps even both.  But trust me, these lovely Nutella Banana Wontons are worth the love-hate relationship.  Deep-fried to a crispy, golden perfection, these morsels are like potato chips, you can’t eat just one.  Trust me, I tried.  I stop counting after I ate five.  But I am proud to say I didn’t eat the whole batch but instead shared them with visiting family and together they disappeared in five minutes.

sealingwontons1 Deep Fried Nutella Banana WontonsThese little dessert bites are easy to make and perfect for your next party or potluck.  I’ve even posted over twenty step-by-step photos to help you.  IMG 9840 Deep Fried Nutella Banana WontonsInsideNutellaWrapper Deep Fried Nutella Banana WontonsBut the recipe and photos aren’t here.  They are over at The Pioneer Woman’s cooking site, Tasty Kitchen.  You’ll find not only this recipe but thousands of recipes submitted by users like you and me.  You can add “friends”, rate recipes, and enter PW’s fabulous giveaways.  And in case you haven’t figure it out, I’ll be contributing there each month.  My user name over there is “Savory Sweet Life”, so look for me there too.  But don’t worry, I’m still very much here too.  TK is one of my homes away from home but like we all know, there is no place like home.

So here’s the Deep-Fried Nutella Banana Wonton Recipe.  Enjoy!

pin it button Deep Fried Nutella Banana Wontons

Comments

Alice these look AMAZING! I am a sucker for nutella and love the idea of dessert wontons. I have a recipe for strawberry nutella wontons but have never thought of using banana before. Awesome idea :)

2. Mark says

OK – these were AMAZING. Seriously! My husband and I thought we could stop eating after 3 each, but we ended up wanting to finish the whole batch. Thanks for another solid recipe!

oh goodness, you had me at nutella…but then you added banana and fried wonton and you most certainly sealed the deal!

I have to tell you, I recently discovered your fabulous site, and have been using your recipes like a crazy person ever since! I’m 8 months pregnant and I kid you not, I have made your molten chocolate lava cakes ATLEAST 4 times in the last 3 weeks. I have been going through eggs so fast I had to go buy them in bulk at costco :)

Also, I love all your Asian inspired recipes…I can’t wait to try your Pad thai!

4. Vivianne says

O.M.G! You just threw a kink on my diet with this combo. I absolutely love nutella! (so much so I had to do a blogpost about it) Ingenius combination. I know my kids and I will have a field day with this recipe, it has all of our favorites combined. Thank you, Thank you!

5. Brittany says

No wonder they disappeared so quickly, they look absolutey irresitable! What a lovely combination of flavors and textures. The final photo showing the chocolate filling is crave worthy :o

6. katklaw777 says

OMGosh…I want these badly!
    Just out of curiosity do you think I could bake them instead of frying them??? Thanks

oh.my.god. I have spent the morning surfing blogs, trying to find something to bake on the weekend. the search is over. These are amazing. thank you so much for bringing these into my life!

8. Chelsie Chan says

Oooooh, I made just banana on-like a banana lumpia but in a wonton wrap. Cinnamon, brown & white sugar, toss in some bananas and have a chocolate dip (in a fondue thingy) on the side coz my husband doesn’t like it with chocoloate. Psycho, I know but they were faaaaaaabulous!!!! Mmmm! I never thought about it inside. I blame my husband.

9. shy says

two questions:
    1- can i make them in advance and freeze them?
    2- have you tried baking them? if so how did it turn out? i usually try to bake pastry items like these.

i know that me and my hubby will love these. two of our fav things..bananas and nutella..yum!

• says

Hi Shy,
      I have not tried making them in advance. But if they are anything like regular wontons, then you could probably make them but not fry them. Stick them in the freezer and then deep fry them when you’re ready. I have not tried baking them either.

MMM. These should be in desserts and not appetizers! Topped with ice cream (in ice cream), some fresh berries on top or a splash of caramel…there are so many variations!