I hate cleaning. There, I said it. I don’t know how our house gets so dirty so quickly all the time. I swear, the moment I pick up around here it’s back to looking like I never cleaned up at all within a few hours. I used to tell my husband when he came home from work, “Honestly, I cleaned up today, TWICE, but you just can’t tell by the way it looks now.” Even though my daughters do help, the quality of their work isn’t exactly top notch. And don’t’ even get me started with Eli.
One of our most problematic areas to deal with in the house is our floors -hardwood and tile. They are constantly covered in who knows what despite the fact I am always sweeping them. Lucky for me I rarely sweep anymore. Instead, I’m using my new favorite cleaning tool – Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi Floor Vacuum (MSRP $299.99). I was sent this vacuum months ago by Dyson to review. Let me tell you, IT IS AWESOME! Although we have a regular vacuum I hate using it because it’s large, heavy, and doesn’t maneuver in tight spaces or under our furniture very well (which irritates me).
When I received this vacuum I was a little skeptical about how well it would work. It is very light weight and is cordless. I was naturally expecting the cleaning power to be similar to my cordless hand vacuum – which is useless to clean much of anything. However, the main cleaning unit is easy to hold and surprisingly powerful. The vacuum comes with a few attachments and can also convert to a standing vacuum or a small hand vac, perfect for getting into tight places or for cleaning out the car. I particularly like the swivel head which allows it to maneuver well in tight areas. The manual states it can operate for 15 minutes on a full charge, which I thought was very short until I started using it. I was able to vacuum our common areas under this amount without having to rush. I also use it a few times a day in our dining area and kitchen since both of these spaces are my most problematic areas to keep clean.
I think it is also worth pointing out how easy this vacuum is for kids to use. My daughters have always had trouble with working our older vacuum because of how heavy it is. But with this vacuum they can easily handle it without any problems. Even Eli can pick it up and push it quite well. I’m pretty sure he believes it’s a toy. But don’t let it’s size and weight fool you – it is no toy.
There are also no bags to contend with. You can clearly see when the canister is getting full and with a press of a button, you can empty the dirt into the garbage can. As for storing, we have it plugged into our utility closet on the wall. It takes up less room than an ironing board, which is great if you live in a small house (or space) like we do. Storage is always an issue.
For everyday vacuuming and sweeping, Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi Floor Vacuumis perfect. We love it and I think you will too. DYSON wants one Savory Sweet Life reader to enjoy this vacuum as much as we do. From now until March 27th I invite you to enter this giveaway by leaving a comment on your least favorite room to clean in your house. I’ll choose a winner using Random.org . Contest is open to anyone with a US mailing address. Good luck everyone!
Stay up to date with the latest recipes, awesome giveaways, and exciting news on Savory Sweet Life’s Facebook page.
*All photos in this post are from Dyson.
Specs from Dyson:
- The Dyson DC35 Multi floor is a Dyson Digital Slim cordless vacuum cleaner for every floor type. It features a detachable long-reach wand and a motorized cleaner head. Powered by the Dyson digital motor, the most power-efficient motor ever developed for a cordless vacuum, the DC35 is the most powerful cordless vacuum cleaner and is up to three times faster than conventional motors. It features Root Cyclone™ technology – powerful centrifugal forces spin dust and dirt out of the air and into the bin with no loss of suction. The cleaner head pivots for easier steering – no more awkward movements to steer around furniture and obstacles. The motorized floor tool with carbon fiber brush has stiff nylon bristles that spin up to 1,500 rpm to remove ground-in dirt from carpets. A velour bumper on the front of the floor tool protects furniture and walls from bumps and bruises. A Fade free 22.2V lithium-ion battery doesn’t fade during use, so power stays strong as you clean. Recharges up to three times faster than others. The dual power mode allows for 15 minutes of high constant suction for regular cleaning, (13 minutes with the motorized floor tool attachment), or 6 minutes on MAX power for more difficult tasks. The detachable long-reach wand reaches up high, down low and into awkward gaps for cleaning hard-to-reach areas conveniently.
- Item Style: Stick
- Bag Type: Bagless
- Features: Rechargable, Multi-Cyclonic, Easy Empty Dirt Container, Motorized Brush Roll, Brush On/Off Switch, Converts to Handheld, Rechargeable Battery, Non-Stop Suction, Cordless, Edge Cleaning
- Brush Roll Features: Motorized
- Filter Type: Standard
- Cleaning Surface Type: Multi-Surface
- Includes: Owner’s Manual, Crevice Tool
- Vacuum Attachments: Crevice Tool
- Capacity (volume): 0.09 Gal.