Roasted Baby Potatoes with Truffle Salt

roasted potatoes truffle Roasted Baby Potatoes with Truffle Salt

It’s often said, “Everything tastes better with bacon.”  But I would like to make an argument for truffle salt making even the most simple food like popcorn seem gourmet.  Truffles are a very rare and expensive fungi.  This is why truffle salt is used as a flavoring accent elevating dishes from ordinary to extraordinary.  Just a pinch goes a long way and is worth the $20 price for a 3.5 ounce bottle.  For anyone who hasn’t tried truffle salt before, I know what you’re thinking.  There is no way you would pay $20 for a little flavoring salt.  You think this now, but if you try it, you might be singing it’s praises.. so don’t knock it until you try it.

POTATOES Roasted Baby Potatoes with Truffle Salt

A couple weeks ago I bought these beautiful and colorful baby potatoes.  I roasted them with a little olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper.  Once I removed them from the oven I sprinkled just a little bit of truffle salt over them for flavor and some chopped parsley for color.  The moment I set them on the table, my kids as well as their friends gobbled them like appetizers.   I think it’s worth mentioning not a single child asked for ketchup – a mother’s victory.

potatoespan Roasted Baby Potatoes with Truffle Salt

So if you get a  chance to come across some truffle salt, make these roasted potatoes.  They are seriously AMAZING!

PS:  A small jar will last you a very long time and you’ll be glad you invested in an ingredient which makes you look like a gourmet chef.

TRUFFLEDPOTATOES Roasted Baby Potatoes with Truffle Salt

4.8 from 8 reviews
Roasted Baby Potatoes with Truffle Salt
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4

Roasted Potatoes with Truffle Salt
  • 1½ pounds baby potatoes, cut in half
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon truffle salt
  • 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a serving dish and toss with the truffle salt. Garnish with chopped parsley.

pin it button Roasted Baby Potatoes with Truffle Salt

Comments

I’ve had truffle oil, but never truffle salt. I might have to check this out. Nothing beats that smell of truffle oil wafting through a restaurant. Makes me want to eat everything in sight!

Hi! Love your blog. I ordered truffle salt (from Amazon — only $14/jar) after you suggested it and used it on potatoes last night. I adore the flavor in the salt WAY more than over-the-top truffle oil. So much less pungent. Thanks for teaching me something!

Please come and cook for me for the rest of my life. What a wonderful dish this is. I wouldn’t have access to potatoes like this unless I grew them and I need dirt for that. I can live through your photos though. :)

I WILL find truffle salt though. I’m sure that’s available down under.

4. Corinna says

On amazon, I see there is white and black truffle salt available. Which kind should I purchase?

Thanks.

Your blog is amazing. No wonder it is included in Online Top 50 Best Food Blogs and my congratulations for being included in the list. Cooking is not an easy task, you must have the passion in order to get the taste that you wanted and most especially the taste that other people wanted. I am not one of the best chefs but I believe when cooking you must have the extraordinary feeling or inspiration to make things happen. Your the BEST!!!!

6. Liz says

I have some truffle salt in my cabinet but havent known where to add it. I do now! Thanks for sharing!

I love how the potatoes are so colourful. My friend went to Italy last year and brought us back a small container of white truffle salt. I agree wholeheartedly that it makes everything taste AMAZING.

So this recipe was pretty good. but I tweaked it.
    Quartered red potatoes with a splash of olive oil, diced garlic, parsley, salt and pepper , baked on a bed of sliced red onions… and topped with a couple good pinches of truffle salt. Yum!
    So really the only change is the garlic and onions which makes for a really good combination when coupled with the truffle salt.

9. Cathy from Arizona says

My Christmas potatoes were amazing! I had people who don’t eat potatoes eating seconds. Everyone wants the recipe. FYI, I found my Truffle Salt at AJ’s in Dana Park in Mesa AZ.