Succulent and Devine: Recipe for Grilled Rib-eye steak with Parsley Garlic Butter

rib eyesteak3 Succulent and Devine: Recipe for Grilled Rib eye steak with Parsley Garlic Butter

Tonight I heard the sweetest words come out of my picky 8 yr old daughter’s mouth. “Mom, that was the yummiest dinner ever, can you please make it again sometime?”  A moments like this is what I live for as the cook of the house.  This simple sentence coming from the pickiest eater (ever) is the best un-solicited compliment I could ever hope to hear. I was so happy all the while watching her help herself to seconds.  What can I say, the girl has exquisite taste buds when it comes to steak, and a mighty fine steak at that.

Seasoned only with salt and pepper, I grilled rib-eye steaks for this evenings dinner.  It is my favorite way to prepare steak because of its simple preparation and cooking method.  Of course everyone knows how succulent, tender, and juicy rib-eyes can be when prepared properly.  And if you don’t know, now you do!   In my opinion, medium-rare is the ideal way to experience steak at its most tender point.  However I do not recommend cooking it beyond medium.  The longer you cook it, the less tender it will be and the texture becomes less optimal.  With that said, I have a husband who prefers his steak well-done and doesn’t mind the texture being borderline beef jerky.

What sends this steak into the category of divine is the big dollop of homemade garlic butter adorning the steak like a crown of glory.  It is truly a beautiful sight to watch a mound of butter melt into a pool of buttery garlicky sauce.  What I like the most about this recipe is how quick and easy it is to prepare, yet it yields the perfect steak that can rival the finest steak-houses.  And now you can prepare it at home too! Enjoy!

Alice’s Grilled Rib-Eye Steak with Homemade Garlic Butter Recipe

Rib-Eye Steak(s)

Coarse Kosher Salt

Pepper

1 stick of salted butter, softened

2 gloves of garlic, finely minced

1 tbl. of fresh parsley, minced

*optional garnish – 1/2 tbl. of fresh flat leaf parsley, minced for each steak

grilledribeye Succulent and Devine: Recipe for Grilled Rib eye steak with Parsley Garlic Butter

Directions:

Preheat grill to med-high heat.  Season each steak with a generous amount of Kosher salt and pepper on each side. Set aside.

garlicbutter Succulent and Devine: Recipe for Grilled Rib eye steak with Parsley Garlic Butter

In a small bowl combine butter, garlic, and parsley.  With a hand mixer (whisk attachment) or a wooden spoon, mix everything until fully mixed and incorporated.  Place garlic butter in refridgerator to chill.  Grill rib-eye steaks for 4-5 minutes on each side being.  Remove steaks from grill and allow the steaks to “rest” for 5-7 minutes before serving.  Top each steak off with a dollop of garlic butter and garnish with additional minced parsley. Enjoy!

pin it button Succulent and Devine: Recipe for Grilled Rib eye steak with Parsley Garlic Butter

Comments

This looks wonderful! I agree, if you have the right cut of meat, simple salt and pepper can be all the seasoning you need. Beautiful pictures :)

2. Kamran Siddiqi says

Alice, yet another beautiful post! I love steak and that herb butter looks exquisite (I love herbed butters on grilled steak- sooo good!).

Also, I though that my family was the only family that consisted of a person that likes tough steak- my mother likes her burgers, steaks, etc. well-done she even tries to persuade me to eat well-done burgers and steaks at restaurants, but she ends up losing that battle.

Oh yeah, a nice ribeye with SnP is fantastic on the grill and a compound butter is the perfect accompaniment. But I do have a hard time choosing between the ribeye and the filet. It’s like asking which of my kids I love more!

4. Panda Foodie says

that’s a very sweet quote. i say, “food is love.” i think that the beginning of your entry is a great representation of that.

btw, your photos always impress me. keep it up! you’re a super awesome mom. obviously. :)

5. Katherine says

Just found your blog, LOVE IT!!

In your opinion, what is the best way to prepare a steak? Marinade? Just salt and pepper? What’s the best way to cook it?

Basically, how to I cook the yummiest steak possible???

Thanks!!

• says

Hi Katherine,
      Call me old fashion but I love steak seasoned with salt and pepper. If you want to add butter or sauce to it, I typically do that as a finishing touch. As far as how to prepare it, I usually grill it. Grilling times will vary on the size and type of steak you use. For ribeye steaks, I typically grill them about 4-5 minutes on each side making sure to allow them to rest on a plate for about 5 minutes before eating it. I usually season it with just salt and pepper. Here is a great post I did on how to grill London broil. Talks about how I seasoned and grilled the steak. Hope this helps!

6. R Strathdee says

Three drops of sesame and olive oil brushed on ribeye steaks plus ground black pepper and garlic (no salt not even malden sea salt as v health aware re the family) small squeeze of lemon and perfection – I treat the family to these once a month.