Seasonal Delight: Fruit Salad Recipe with a Honey-Mint Lime Dressing

by Alice Currah on August 12, 2009

fruitsalad2

I love a good fruit salad, who doesn’t?  You know, the type of salad that is filled with this season’s best fruits, picked at their peak, and speaks for itself in every bite.  Ah yes, we are in the peak of blueberry and peach season and I’m loving it.  I will tell you right now this fruit salad is a winner.  Tossed in a light sauce of freshly squeezed lime juice, honey, mint, and a touch of brown sugar.  Just enough to bring out the natural sugars in the fruit without being overwhelming it yet allowing the mint to compliment each fruit element.  The key is to use fresh ripe fruit. Under ripe or overly ripe will kill it. And if you must, canned fruit such as mandarin orange wedges or even peaches can be used, but fresh is truly best.

This salad would be perfect for breakfast, brunch, potluck, or bridal/baby shower.  My family and friends love this fruit salad and it is one of the first dishes to disappear at our family gatherings. I hope you will too. Enjoy!

fruitsaladsauce

Honey-Mint Lime Dressing Ingredients:

Juice of a small lime, approx. 3 Tbl.

3 Tbl. Honey

3 Tbl. Brown Sugar

3 Tbl. of finely chopped fresh mint.
Directions:

In a small bowl whisk everything together until well incorporated. Place in the refrigerator until ready to toss with fruit.

cutfruit1

Ingredients:

You will want to have a total of 8-10 cups of various fresh, cut, fruit.

Strawberries, cut in half or quartered

Blueberries

Peaches, sliced

Kiwis, sliced and quartered

Any other seasonal fruit such as grapes, oranges, bananas, blackberries

Directions:

In a large bowl, gently mix all the cut fruit and Honey-Mint Lime dressing together. Garnish with additional mint sprigs. Enjoy!

fruitsalad1

Jen @ MaplenCornbread August 12, 2009 at 6:16 am

There’s nothing more fresh than a bowl of summer fruit! I love the mint and lime combo with honey for a drizzle! So refreshing!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction August 12, 2009 at 11:01 am

Beautiful! I have made a similar fruit salad with honey, mint, and lime for the dressing. Such a refreshing combination!

Nutmeg Nanny August 12, 2009 at 11:50 am

What a delicious summery fruit salad. I love the brown sugar, lime and mint dressing…yum!

deeba August 12, 2009 at 12:55 pm

I saw this on TS and FG and the freshness & beauty hit me! It’s gorgeous!! The dresing seems to fit in so perfectly!

Amy August 12, 2009 at 2:51 pm

That is one gorgeous photo.

Chaya August 16, 2009 at 8:02 pm

The photograph of the fruit leaves me wanting it now. It is so cool and refreshing and we had lasagne for dinner. The fruit with that lovely dressing would be perfect, right now.

Teresa August 16, 2009 at 11:23 pm

Alice, what a magnificent fruit salad. I especialy love the honey mint lime dressing. I can taste it now. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

martha August 22, 2009 at 11:51 am

i tried this the other day and look forward to preparing it again today for lunch. instead of using brown sugar i use stevia for a lower-glycemic, equally delicious salad.

Quinn December 18, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Alice, this was yummy. I should have made more. Thanks for sharing this simple and easy dressing! Absolutely stunning!

:) March 7, 2010 at 11:50 am

I made this for a party yesterday and just like you mentioned, it was one of the first items to be eaten up. I made two batches and everyone loved it. I’m so glad I came across this recipe. I went to the store and purchased ingredients by memory and came home with lemon. I almost used lemon instead of lime, but I wanted to do this right. So back to the store again!I’m glad I did because the lime really adds just the right tartness and flavor and the mint is essential and not overpowering. It is so refreshing and the dressing gives the fruit a nice glossy finish to the fruit which makes it pretty. It did not make the fruit to watery while it was sitting in the buffet table for hours. This is the perfect fruit salad for a party. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.

Kelly @ quest for real food August 20, 2010 at 7:01 am

I love this recipe! I made it for a group and figured I would have enough left for my lunch the next day. I was wrong! There was not a piece of fruit left in the bowl when they were finished with it. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

Corinne March 13, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I love that this recipe is so easy and still full of great flavor. I’ve shared it with my readers as one of my favorite fruit dishes to serve when hosting brunch . I know they will love it as much as I do.