Mango Orange Smoothie

by Alice Currah on March 31, 2010. Updated December 1, 2011

I am a smoothie junkie. It’s no secret and I have no shame. Most mornings I’m in such a hurry to get my kids to school I will make myself a smoothie to go and drink my breakfast this way. One of my favorite types of smoothies is my own version of Starbucks Orange Mango Vivanno with protein powder. Its super easy to make and so delicious to drink. Its the perfect amount of citrus and tang to get me going and allows me to start my day without starving through the morning. I love this smoothie and I think you will too! Enjoy!

Mango Orange Smoothie
Recipe type: Beverage
Serves: 1-2

A refreshing and filling fruit smoothie.
  • ½ banana
  • 1 cup frozen mango chunks
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 3 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • Optional: *1/2 cup uncooked oats (not instant)
  1. Place all the ingredients in your blender container and blend on high speed until everything is smooth. Blender times will vary depending on the type of blender you have. Enjoy!

Jessica @ How Sweet March 31, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I am a smoothie junkie! Frozen fruit (my fave is bananas) are the best in smoothies. I really like oats in mine, too.

Maria March 31, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I love a good smoothie. Love this one. Just curious-what protein powder do you use? I am looking for a good one. Thanks Alice.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction March 31, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Looks lovely. I have been making a lot of smoothies lately… and contemplating adding protein powder. I’ve never tried it. I am also curious which one you use!

Apeksha March 31, 2010 at 11:59 pm

yum! I looooove smoothies with fruit and vanilla protein powder! My fav is with frozen bananas and strawberries.

Shenandoah bed and breakfast April 1, 2010 at 9:04 am

Great recipe! I’m trying it out over the weekend and I really like the juice. I have made the Strawberry Orange Smoothie – with fresh or frozen strawberries, orange juice and honey.

Best Regards,

Rocky Mountain Woman April 1, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I love smoothies also. This one really looks good.

The protein powder helps me get through the morning without falling over….

Valen April 1, 2010 at 6:41 pm

This smoothie looks delicious!

Stella April 1, 2010 at 7:09 pm

This looks so good-want one with the oats now!

Melissa (The Modest Kitchen) April 1, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Mmm, this looks so good! Next time I’m at the grocery store I’m looking for frozen mango chunks.

LoveFeast Table April 2, 2010 at 12:04 am

I am so thirsty now!!

kathy April 2, 2010 at 12:18 am

Wow there’s a refreshing smoothie. I also love green mangoes smoothie. But your smoothie recipe is different and I’ll this later. Thanks! :-)

Sally April 4, 2010 at 10:00 am

I may have to buy some frozen mango chunks. I don’t use protein powders, but I think this will be good without it.

Leslie April 5, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Just stumbled upon your site…love it!

Stephanie T. April 6, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I just made this with almond milk instead of the OJ…..Delish!!! Thank you!!

Erin H. April 8, 2010 at 11:39 am

A-MA-ZING! I am addicted to mango. I buy it fresh when it’s in season, and keep it stocked frozen in my freezer otherwise. I can’t wait to try this. Just need to pick up the yogurt.

Kara April 13, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Excellent for the whole family! Healthy and delicious breakfast in 3 minutes! Thanks!

Michelle May 17, 2010 at 2:47 am

I can tell you from experience that this is one of the best smoothies I’ve ever had, Alice made me one. I can’t wait to try it on my own; I hope it’s just as good. I need to buy the protein powder. Alice what do you suggest I get.
Thank you very much, Michelle.

Caitlin November 24, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Solgar’s Whey to Go Whey Protein is great-you can get it at Whole Foods or I order it from iherb at a cheaper price. It’s important to get a high quality powder because lower quality is not absorbed by the body as well, as well as a powder that has a short and simple ingredient list.

Consumer Reports came out with a review this past July reviewing different powders and several brands exceeded the limits of arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury (I didn’t even know they put this stuff in the powder!). The three protein powders that didn’t contain any of these four substances were Solgar’s Whey to Go Whey Protein Powder Natural Vanilla Bean, Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey Velocity Vanilla, and Six Star Muscle Professional Strength Whey Protein French Vanilla Cream. Hope this helps! :)

Love your blog!!!

Virginia May 12, 2011 at 12:19 pm

While on vacation I tried a smoothie at a Starbucks inside a Barnes & Noble. Saying that it was out of this world good is just an understatement. When we came home and I contacted our local store, I was told that they didn’t make this particular kind of smoothie. It was a Mango Coconut and was excellent. Do you think you could come up with a recipe for us? Please and pretty please!!!

mustardseed October 29, 2011 at 8:11 pm

What a delicious smoothie!! I love orange smoothies and with this combination and the addition of oats and protein I can see it becoming a favorite breakfast thing for me

mia May 6, 2012 at 3:47 pm

me and my brother attempt to make this smoothie an we put ,1 regular mango without the peel , 2 oranges without the peel ., kinda , milk (not a lot), Philadelphia cheese cake filling 1 scoop, snackpack chocolate pudding, strawberry cheese cake yogurt , 2 drops of vanilla , and then we mixed it all up . then put it in a cup, then put it in the freezer. it might sound really gross, but it tasted AMAZING!! WE LOVED IT !!! RATE: 1,000,000

mia May 6, 2012 at 3:55 pm

by the way me and my brother are 14 and 15 ! haha :D

Brittany Lee September 20, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I tried this with fresh mangos. I don’t know what happened but the texture was very strange! The mango started to expand into a very course pulp! Love the taste, the texture is disturbing!