A few Christmas’ ago, my sister was telling me about these cookies she made for a cookie exchange using saltine crackers. The moment she used the word saltines, she lost me. However, because she has good culinary taste buds (it must run in the family) I thought I would give it a go and make them for myself to try. All I have to say is that I’m a fool for waiting this long to make these yummy treats. Now I affectionately call them my “Holiday Crack”. As it already is, I’ve determined these will have to be my signature treat at the next cookie exchange. Who doesn’t love a cookie that taste like Almond Roca? Make these and I bet they’ll be yours too! I must warn you though.. these are high in butter, sugar, and chocolate. Can life get any better? Enjoy!
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Line the crackers on the cookie sheet side by side.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a medium pan on medium-high heat. Stirring often, heat the mixture for about 3-5 minutes until it turns into a nice caramel looking sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the crackers until they are completely covered.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the toffee covered crackers. The chocolate will begin to melt. Spread chocolate over the toffee mixture and top with nuts.
- Allow the crackers to completely cool before breaking toffee up in pieces. Enjoy!