{New Year’s} Champagne Cocktail

by Alice Currah on December 26, 2009. Updated January 10, 2010

Here is a simple yet fun drink to ring in the New Year – Champagne Cocktail made with Absolut Pear Vodka, champagne, and fresh cranberries.  My older sister (Joyce) has been sharing with me how much she loves this drink and if she loves it, chances are you will too!  If you are looking for an easy cocktail to serve at your New Year’s Eve party.. this is it!  Enjoy!

Ingredients:

Absolute Pear Vodka

Champagne

Cranberries

Directions:

Pour 1 or 2 shots of pear vodka in a glass and fill up with champagne.  Garnish with a spoon full of fresh cranberries. Enjoy!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction December 26, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Let me just say… That picture is *gorgeous*!! Sounds like a yummy drink, too. Love the cranberries floating on top.

kamran siddiqi December 27, 2009 at 9:29 am

Gorgeous photo. Only 4 more years until I get to try this! LOL

Cindy from IL December 27, 2009 at 7:06 pm

If you are looking for a really neat presentation for this drink. Try sugaring the cranberries – easy recipe here at http://www.goodeatsblog.com/2009/12/sugared-cranberries.html and refridgerate or freeze. Drop them into the drink upon serving. As the sugar dissolves, they fizz and bubble, making the appearance of the drink even more festive!

Gaby December 27, 2009 at 8:13 pm

o.m.g. yummm! This looks delicious. I think I’ll make one of these before NYE…. I mean just to practice of course! :)

Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen December 28, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Looks beautiful! Sounds yummy too!

ErinsFoodFiles December 28, 2009 at 1:00 pm

How festive and delicious! I love simple cocktails like this.

Lauren December 28, 2009 at 9:55 pm

Just beautiful! Like Kamran, I’ve got a few more years before I can taste, but it looks wonderful!

Elyse December 31, 2009 at 10:04 am

Very Festive – I use an Esperienze Champagne Glass – I love the classic shape for the bubbles. Can find it at http://www.parkerspantry.com – they are hard to find – so thought I would share.

kellypea January 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm

What an elegant cocktail! I need to get out of the wine rut I’m in and try something like this when people come over for dinner. It would be a nice change.

valentines day presents January 12, 2010 at 6:23 am

Glorious recipe! Thanks for sharing here. Picture looks superb!!
I would like to make this drink at my wedding anniversary.