Fruit Dip Recipe

by Alice Currah on February 9, 2010. Updated February 19, 2010

Marshmallow Fruit Dip

[donotprint] Have you ever been to a party where the host served fruit with a gooey, sweetened cream?  Chances are you were eating fruit dip.  This creamy dip looks like whipped cream but is much sweeter, thicker, and denser.  This particular recipe is my go-to fruit dip recipe because its simple, easy, fast, and always popular at brunches, potlucks, and showers.  With Valentine’s Day just a few days away I thought I would share this great dessert idea you can pull together within minutes.  This recipe only requires two ingredients and perfectly pairs well with strawberries.  Enjoy! [/donotprint]

Fruit Dip

Ingredients:

8oz package cream cheese, softened and room temperature

2 – 7oz jars marshmallow creme/fluff (I was able to buy 1-130z jar)

Directions:

Mix marshmallow creme and cream cheese together (by hand or mixer) until well combined.  Serve with your favorite fruit such as strawberries, cherries, bananas, pineapples, etc.  Enjoy!

Maria February 9, 2010 at 6:08 pm

My friend makes this all of the time. She loves it. A great way to get kids to eat fruit too:)

Mindy February 9, 2010 at 6:16 pm

We LOVE this recipe, but for a twist we put in a caramel/butterscotch ice cream topping! oh my gosh is it good!

Cody February 9, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Looks tasty! I’ve never tried anything other than chocolate, peanut butter, caramel or some combination thereof… but, I might have to try this.

Jessica @ How Sweet February 9, 2010 at 8:07 pm

I LOVE a good fruit dip. I really love using the fluff for it too!!

Heather February 9, 2010 at 8:44 pm

I just made a fruit pizza with cream cheese and cool whip as the dip but i think the marshmallow cream sounds yummier! Definitely be trying this one next time! Thanks.

Nutmeg Nanny February 9, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Mmmmmm…delicious. My step mom used to make this same dip but then just mix in lots of green and purple grapes. So it was like a fruit dip grape salad…yum!

Kristin @ Iowa Girl Eats February 10, 2010 at 10:03 am

Mmmm – this is my favorite fruit dip recipe!! Sometimes I throw a spash of orange fuice in there too – really yummy!

Barbara February 10, 2010 at 10:44 am

That dip is truly decadent! When I was a kid, we went to a restaurant called The Nut Tree and their version was just marshmallow creme and pineapple juice (enough to get to dip consistency). We thought we died and went to heaven when we had it – soooo exotic for us children in the 1970s…
___
Barbara

Sandy February 10, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Sweeeeeeeet! hee-hee…thanks so much. I’m going to a dinner on Sunday and have the appetizers as my job and your fruit dip will be coming with me!

Lib Stewart February 10, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I make this adding some grated orange rind and a bit of ground ginger. I have also added small amounts of various liquers.

Georgia.Pellegrini February 10, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Alas, a fruit dip! there are so many dips for vegetables but fruit gets left out!

Erika February 10, 2010 at 4:33 pm

YUM! I had always just mixed cream cheese with sour cream and powdered sugar, but I will try this. My daughter is having a Valentine tea party, this will be perfect to have at it!

Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts February 11, 2010 at 8:10 am

I’m a big fan of the dip recipes; I use it as is but also add as an ingredient to lots of other things. I make this fruit dip only it has a little powdered sugar mixed in it too. I love strawberries and apples dipped in it!

Best Regards,

jordan February 11, 2010 at 10:20 am

i make this dip ALL THE TIME! it is the best fruit dip i have come across, super easy to prepare, and no matter what party i bring it to, i always get asked for the recipe! i’ve even been known to eat it straight from the bowl with a spoon… :)

oneshotbeyond February 12, 2010 at 1:50 pm

I’ve had this one! It’s soooooooooooooooo good. I didn’t know how to make it, so glad you shared!

Lauren February 13, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Oh my goodness! What a fantastic idea =D. Yum!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction February 13, 2010 at 11:49 pm

My mom always made this for me when I was a kid. I love to stir crushed pineapple into the dip and eat it with a spoon… just saying. :)

nandini.p February 14, 2010 at 9:34 am

wonderful recipe!. Never had this before. Loved the first and third click ..Beautiful!.

KrisDot February 15, 2010 at 12:28 am

This sounds yummy! What a great way to get ME & my kids to eat more fruit! :-)

Hannah February 15, 2010 at 8:15 pm

I love this stuff! Yours looks terrific.

VintageMixer February 15, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I once survived a evening in a tornado shelter in TX with this stuff. I hardly noticed the high winds and dirt circling outside the shelter!

organic baby crib February 15, 2010 at 10:20 pm

This is something new for me. Thanks for sharing this with us especially to me since I am fed up with those usual fruit dips!

Shedeep February 16, 2010 at 12:29 am

This is something new for me

r4 revolution gold February 18, 2010 at 12:24 am

Delicious! It makes me hungry. Thanks for posting such treat recipe.
I will make it soon.

DanDan March 10, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Delish!! I’ve been making this dip for years!! But I cut up 3 or 4 strawberries and mix them in with an electric mixer till the dip is a nice pink and serve with strawberries. It’s a HUGE hit at parties.

BONNIE NOWLAND March 29, 2010 at 11:58 am

love this dip, I have also made by adding cool whip to it as well………yummy, yummy in the tummy. I’m making a fruit arrangement, by skewering different fruits chunks or make small shapes using a cookie cutter and putting them in an Easter basket to display….you can use heads of lettuce for the bottom of the basket (or styrofoam)

Heather Reno January 31, 2011 at 2:53 pm

This is soooo tasty. As an ‘experiment’, I added half a package of strawberry sugar free jello mix, and tried it with half a pack of Crystal Lite (or two singles) of the Kiwi-Strawberry drink mix. WOW! Now I just want to eat fruit – for the first time in my life I think I’m getting my two servings a day in. A tasty way to actually join the food pyramid!

Leslie August 17, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I didn’t have marshmallow, so I used cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, pureed strawberries (just a couple), and a touch of light cream to get the right consistency. It was quite good!

joy October 22, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I make this and everyone loves it!!! I put Cherry Juice in it and you can add chopped cherries!!! LOVE IT

Tricia May 7, 2013 at 5:50 am

Uhg I wish this didn’t have animal byproduct- such a simple looking and sweet recipe :[

Millie March 11, 2014 at 12:44 pm

If you don’t like one of only two ingredients-or maybe even both–why comment?! Go to another recipe!:(

Patty Hayes June 21, 2013 at 9:38 am