Today I would like to share a super easy no-bake Christmas treat with you. It is so easy even a 2 year old can make them – I kid you not. Back in 2003 when our kitchen also was our laundry room too, I captured this video of Abigail (now 8.5 yrs old) making chocolate covered pretzels dipped in crushed candy cane. She was only 2 years old and was the most adorable helper, ever! Below is the short clip of Abigail making this on our extended counter space (washer and dryer) with me filming her with my (then) 11 month old daughter attached to me with a sling.
If you are looking for an easy, fast, no-bake holiday treat to make as a gift or to serve to guests, this is the recipe for you. And if you have small children, this makes a great activity. As you can see, my 19-month old son can do this – isn’t he stinking cute? I present to you Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Crushed Candy Canes. Happy Holidays and Enjoy!
Other No-Bake Holiday Treats:
- ½ of a large bag mini pretzels twists
- 1 bag chocolate Chips - any type. Vanilla wafers and chocolate chips work well
- 2 cup crushed candy cane
- Crush candy canes by placing them in a ziplock bag and seal.
- Using the flat side of a meat tenderizer or a hammer, break the candy canes up in little pieces.
- Place crushed candy canes in a bowl.
- In a microwavable bowl, place up to a cup of chocolate chips and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir the chips and microwave again in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between until smooth.
- Take pretzels and dip them in chocolate first, then in crushed candy canes. Place each pretzel on wax or parchment paper and allow to dry. Enjoy!