I have a confession -I’ve been drinking Eggnog lattes from home for a few weeks now. But being that today is Black Friday, the Christmas Holiday season has officially begun! Now I can share my favorite drink with you without shame. I love eggnog lattes but they can be quite expensive at Starbucks and elsewhere. Instead I prefer to make mine at home for a fraction of the cost. Although technically you need shots of espresso for the drink to be considered a “latte”, you can still make a faux latte by using super concentrated coffee (or instant coffee packs like Starbucks VIA).
Enjoy this classic holiday drink at home and keep all those extra dollars you’ll be saving for celebrating Christmas. Enjoy!
- 2 shots espresso OR ½ cup of double/triple concentrated coffee
- ⅔ cup eggnog
- ⅓ cup milk
- optional whipped cream and nutmeg
- Variation: If you want to make this as an evening cocktail, add a shot of rum.
- Pour espresso/concentrated coffee into a mug and add steamed eggnog/milk mixture.
- If you prefer your eggnog latte sweeter, add a little sugar.
- Top off with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg.
- *If you don't have an espresso machine, do what I do most often. Just warm your eggnog/milk mixture in the microwave. Cook times may vary but I prefer heating mine for 2 minutes.