Yesterday my family and I arrived in San Diego to start our Spring Break vacation. It’s been wonderful to be together just hanging out. From the beach to the pool, our vacation is off to a great start.
Unfortunately I will not be cooking this week but fortunately I found a photo of this Strawberry Pistachio Cream Tart I took on my iPhone I thought I would share with you. Made with a puff pastry crust and a layer of honey pistachio cream and then another layer of slightly sweetened whipped cream, this easy fruit tart tastes as good as it looks. What I love about this tart is how simple it is to put together but is elegant enough to serve as part of brunch or dessert. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (1/2 package) frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup ground pistachios
- ¼ cup honey
- cup heavy whipped cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint strawberries, stems removed and cut in half vertically
- cup chopped pistachios
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Unfold and roll the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square. Place the pastry sheet onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Allow the pastry to cool on the baking sheet.
- While the puff pastry is baking, prepare the two different creams.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese, pistachios, and honey until well combined. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, whip the heavy cream and sugar with an electric beater until firm peaks form.
- Evenly spread the pistachio cream layer over the pastry followed by a layer of the whipped cream.
- Arrange the cut strawberries with the tips pointing up in layers of circles, starting with the outer one, making your way in.
- Sprinkle the tart with the shopped pistachios.
- Serve immediately.
Made this for my dad for his birthday! He doesn’t like things too sweet and this was a hit! Thanks for the recipe!
perfect timing! our strawberries are just starting to come in. i can’t wait to make this.
Jen L | Tartine and Apron Strings says
Just found your blog as I was searching for an authentic Kalbi recipe (landed on your 2009 post). I love the look of your blog and how friendly it is! I can’t wait for your cookbook in June! As a mom-food blogger, I am totally obsessed with collecting cookbooks! I’m sure yours will find its way to our chaotic home and kitchen (I have 3 kids, too)!
This looks amazing. I am in strawberrie heaven. Thanks for sharing
This looks heavenly – those strawberries plumped up and sweet, too.
This is divine! You had me at strawberries and pistachios 🙂
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar says
This dessert is unique and fabulous sounding! Great idea!