How to Make a Mocha Frappucino

frappe How to Make a Mocha Frappucino

This last week has been the most insane, chaotic, and exhausting week I’ve had in awhile.  I wish I could report to you I had some exciting news to explain my lack of posting here or a thrilling new project which has been occupying my time.  The truth is… life as a stay-at-home mom of three kids can sometimes zap all my energy and time, leaving none left to recharge and do the fun things I enjoy, like posting here and sharing with you.  This week I’ve been in survival mode, attempting (and failing miserably) to keep my head above the busy waves of life.  The reason this week has been so crazy is because we’re wrapping up the end of the school year tomorrow.  This means every other activity my daughters are involved with are all finishing as well.  We’ve attended end of the season parties, ceremonies and class picnics with more to come this weekend.  This is on top of our already busy schedule.  I’m whining and I know it – sorry.  Full on exhaustion has kicked in.  I’ve been averaging 4-5 hours of sleep each night trying to catch up on things and more importantly, comfort Eli.  He’s been sick the last few days and when he’s miserable, I’m miserable. The poor little kid won’t eat, has a hard time sleeping, and has been clinging to my arms for comfort.  This leaves for one tired mama who’s been relying on coffee as her choice of therapy. What I have for you today is a recipe for mocha frappucino adapted from my original Starbucks Frappuccino recipe I posted last year.  I think it’s appropriate I post my version of a mocha frappucino because I’ve been making 2 of them daily this week to keep me going through the day.  This recipe is very flexible and don’t worry if you don’t have an espresso maker.  Strong coffee will work just fine.  I hope to be back to posting something new and fresh for you soon.  In the mean time, please enjoy a nice blended coffee drink for me.

Alice’s home version of Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Recipe

Ingredients:

1.5 cups of crushed iced

3/4 cup of milk

2-1 ounce shots (2 ounces total) espresso *read below using coffee as a substitute

1 tbl. of sugar (more or less depending on preference)

2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

*optional whipped cream in a can or freshly made and chocolate syrup

*If you don’t have an espresso machine, use 3/4 cup of double strength (strong) coffee mixed with 1/2 cup of milk and increased crushed iced amount by 1/4 cup.

Directions:

Blend all the ingredients except the whipped cream in a blender for 45 seconds.  Pour into a tall glass and top off with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate syrup. Best served with a straw. Enjoy!

**Other Variations**
*Use splenda, flavored coffee syrups, or flavored coffee creamers for a portion of the milk. For a richer beverage, use half and half (Low-Carb), or heavy cream for a portion of the milk.

pin it button How to Make a Mocha Frappucino

Comments

1. Fred says

Thanks so much for the recipe. I made a reduced calorie version of a Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino from this recipe substituting: unsweeetened almond milk for the milk, sugar free sweetener (Splenda,Equal) for the sugar, and No Sugar Added Nestle Chocolate Nesquik, and it turned out delicious ! By the way, a less expensive alternative to the expensive Vitamix, is the best low cost blender I have found that I use almost daily: Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender (sold by Kmart) for around $23.00. It’s even made especially for frozen drinks. I highly recommend it. I hope my suggestions help you all, the way this recipe helped me come up with my own reduced calorie version. :)

2. Matt says

I did this; it was heavenly.

My spur-of-the-moment adaptation utilized whole milk, 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract and a “Small” Keurig cup of robust coffee and the ingredients listed here. A thick, fluffy head was achieved which lent a delightful texture to the drink. I would probably use more ice with my next creation to thicken the body.

I perpetrated several methods of assault and battery against 3 ice cubes until they were crushed small enough to fit into my serving size one-touch-blender. Given the lack of water-tight seal on the personal-sized blender, I wrapped the whole unit in a towel, depressed the “Hi speed” button and let fly, about 1 oz being sacrificed to the process.

Worth it.

3. Jordan says

This was amazing as soon as I saw it I had to make it Thanks for this wonderful idea so I dont always have to beg to go to starbucks

Thanks for sharing your recipe!
    Cakes and coffee go together very well, and I make variations with Silk soy milk.
    I usually make a pot of double strong coffee and mix about 9 tablespoons of coffee in with it. This makes about a half gallon. I store it in the fridge. When I want to make a Frappucino, I just take it out and mix it with an equal portion of either vanilla or chocolate soy milk. For frozen I just blend with ice in the smoothie maker. Frappucino and cupcakes make Dallas happy!

5. Heather says

I just made this now and it is super good! I love Starbucks mocha fraps and this is just as good, probably better. :) The only thing I changed to make it a little healthier was to use xylitol instead of sugar and I used Ahlaska organic choc syrup. I was too lazy to make fresh whipped cream, so I left it out, but it didn’t matter – all I can say is yummy!! :)

6. David says

This was a great recipe, especially since I don’t own an espresso machine haha but thank you, now I know what to do with cold coffee from earlier or what not!

7. Kimmy says

Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I made my own chocolate syrup in order to make this xD (:

8. Dina Fish says

I will be buying an esspreso machine as soon as my husband gets a job so I can start making my own. I drink them to get rid of migraines and it will be cheaper and easier to make my own instead of going to buy 1. Can’t wait.

9. Aisling says

I absolutely LOVE this because i live in Ireland and we only have starbucks in Dublin witch is like a 2 hour drive from where I live so its good to have a recipe for my fav drink of all time
    thanks
    Aisling :D

10. Grace says

So good!!! I just made it! I added a lot more ice, and a little chocolate ice cream, and Wowzers…. It was awesome!!!!!!!! Make this right now!!!

11. Caitlyn says

Hi Alice!
    these taste so amazing
    my cheapo blender leaves ice chips and makes them super liquidy but i just popped it into the freezer for a few minutes and it’s perfect! Amazing recipe. Can’t wait to see more from you!

12. Tammy says

Awsome….. When my boyfriend comes home from work he will have a great surprise…. I already tried it, Awsome is all I can say and also saves me $5.00 a drink … Thank you sooooo much.

13. Mae says

Dear Alice,your recipes are so useful always if im looking for it.

Now,im thinking of making this mocha frappucino next weekend for my family and friends,but I dont know how many servings can this make. I need a recipe which makes 22 servings or more,can you give me one?

• says

Hi Mae,
      It is hard to say really. You could double or triple the recipe but you will have to make one pitcher at a time. The amount of ice will also very. If you’ve ever made a smoothie then you know the amount of speed combined with the speed it is blending makes a different. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

• Mae says

Its okay. This recipe is very useful to me and if I want to make 22 servings,I think I need to follow your advice. But once again,how many servings can I make in your recipe? Sorry if I am making you repeat again but im just want to be sure :) Thanks!

14. jafo says

My wife put some of her pre menstrual cream in the Moca Frap and It gave it an edge. Sort of like an anchovie flavor. But really nice for the drink. Greetings from Poland.

15. jafo says

Ah, breast milk works just as good. If you don’t have any cream in the house. But the breast milk needs to be chilled first. It has a nice spunky and nutty flavor. We tried semen, but it made the drink too salty. Stick with breat milk and vaginal cream and you’ll be good. Godbless from Poland.