{4 Ingredients} Nutella Brownies

MG 1020 {4 Ingredients} Nutella Brownies

I’m very excited to share with you today’s recipe for Nutella brownies.  My excitement has nothing to do with the fact that anything made with Nutella tastes better.  However, I’m excited because this recipe only contains only four ingredients!!!  Now you may be asking yourself right this minute on whether or not you can trust a brownie recipe with only four ingredients.  This is a fair question I will address because I had some skepticism myself.  But rest assured, these little hazelnut chocolate bites are well worth the 3 minutes (if that) it took for me to mix the batter and the 12 minutes it required to bake.

This recipe comes from pasty chef, cookbook author, and Fine Cooking Magazine’s contributing editor, Abby Dodge.  She has a new cookbook coming out next week called Desserts 4 Today: Flavorful Desserts with Just Four Ingredients {4 Ingredients} Nutella Brownies filled with fabulous everyday desserts made with only four ingredients.  She gave me permission to post her fabulous recipe here – Thanks Abby!  I’ll be doing a review of her cookbook on Savory Sweet Life later in the week and will also be giving away a few copies.  So stayed tuned!

Back to the brownies.  The texture of the brownies are more similar to a gooey cake.. .molten lava cake to be exact.  If you’re hoping for a chewy brownie, these are not it.  Instead, they are more like super moist cake except the brownies literally melt in your mouth.  The recipe makes exactly 12 mini cupcake sized bites and it is hard not to eat them all in one setting.  I can already tell these little chocolate bites of yumminess are going to become my regular late night pick me up snack.

I should also mention, this recipe does not require a mixer and children can easily whip up a batch.  Enjoy!

4.2 from 31 reviews
4 Ingredients Nutella Brownies
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 12 pieces

Amazing Nutella brownies using only four ingredients. Reprinted with permission from Abby Dodge, cookbook author of Desserts 4 Today: Flavorful Desserts with Just Four Ingredients.
  • ½ cup Nutella spread
  • 1 large egg
  • 5 tablespoons all=purpose flour
  • ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
  1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
  2. Put the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.
  3. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about ¾ full) and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
  4. Bake until a pick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely. Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Notes
Switch-Ins: In place of the hazelnuts, switch in one of the following: * ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon (add with the flour) * peanuts, chopped, ¼ cup

MG 0982 {4 Ingredients} Nutella Brownies

MG 0984 {4 Ingredients} Nutella BrowniesMG 0987 {4 Ingredients} Nutella BrowniesMG 0992 {4 Ingredients} Nutella Brownies

MG 0995 {4 Ingredients} Nutella Brownies

nutellabrowniesraw {4 Ingredients} Nutella Brownies

MG 1020 199x300 {4 Ingredients} Nutella BrowniesSwitch-Ins:  In place of the hazelnuts, switch in one of the following:

• ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon (add with the flour)
  • peanuts, chopped, 1/4 cup
pin it button {4 Ingredients} Nutella Brownies

Comments

1. Ashley says

I was in search of a simple recipe to fulfill my sweet tooth and use up some Nutella I had in the cabinet. This was not the right recipe. I decided to try it based on the majority of the reviews being good. Everyone just does not have the same tastes. This recipe was horrible. The consistency was definitely there…brownie like with a gooey center but it tasted like nothing. I couldnt even taste the nutella. This recipe was a waste of my perfectly good Nutella.

2. Suzane says

Husband didn’t have all ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies and he had a sweet tooth. I remembered we have huge jar of Nutella. Found this recipe, seemed easy enough so we tried it. It was soooo easy, taste fantastic. You must try these for yourself!

• Suzane says

P.S we used a very small glass cake pan in the toaster oven on bake with temperature just a little higher than directions. Center was nice and gooey. Do not add to much flour. We also substituted almond slices. If you have a nut allergy you can use pretzel. If you like sweeter add a little powder sugar or Stevia.

I’m looking forward to trying this, but I’m confused:

1. How does this work without baking powder & soda?

2. There is also a 4 Ingredient Nutella Cookie recipe. What are the differences in the two recipes? Is it only the presence of sugar and the different amounts of flour?

4. Lyndsay says

I used a regular sized muffin tin. They were a little too rich for me as a cupcake, so i took them out of the cupcake wrapper, put them in bowls and put vanilla ice cream on top. OMG was it good! It tasted just like a brownie sundae!

5. Sherry says

Made this this afternoon, followed everything exactly. While they were good, they weren’t my absolute favorite. My kids loved them! This recipe is a keeper though, simply because its so easy with few ingredients! Thanks for sharing.

6. Nicole says

I didn’t have much Nutella left, so I used only slightly more than 1/4 cup. They still turned out pretty good though, although the inside was not as gooey as I wanted. This is also rather easy, and combined with my Tefal Pie and Co., it’s totally idiot-proof! Thank you.

7. Kel says

Made these last night but doubled the quantities, left out the nuts, added caramel chips to the batter and stuck half a white chocolate button in the top of each one. Soooo good! Will be making another batch to bring to work for World Nutella Day next month. I’m quite chuffed I actually managed to cook something in my super temperamental oven without burning it! Yay!

Just made these!!! Wow..delish!!! Did tweak the recipe slightly. Doubled it minus 1 tbsp of flour and added 6 oz of semi=sweet choc chips. Came out fantastic

9. Mandy says

This tastes delish. I baked this and it was gooey on the inside and nice and chewy on the outside. Awesome recipe!

10. Karla says

We loved this recipe! We double it and made it on the electric oven, it took a bit more time but all the recipes seem to take longer to bake where we live. It was a little dry, maybe we should use less flour next time. So easy and fast to make! :)

11. Kylie says

Thank you so much for this recipe! I was having a craving for something chocolatey and yummy, and this was definitely it! Not only are they moist and rich, but they are the perfect amount of chocolate, and because it doesn’t make TOO much like some mixes and recipes, this made the perfect amount for me to not feel bad if I eat the whole pan! I made mine in a round 7 or 8 inch pan, upped the time by a minute and only used 4 tablespoons of flour instead of 5!they came out perfectly! Again, thank you so much!

First time baking with my three girls and these are in the oven as we speak. Hope they like them :). Super easy recipe. There goes the alarm ;)

Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to your blog before but after browsing through many of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
    Nonetheless, I’m definitely pleased I came across it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back often!