One of the best aspects of late summer is the abundance of local ripe peaches and their many uses. In our family I especially enjoy grilling them. It’s simple to prepare not to mention how fancy they look plated. This would make an excellent dessert to serve guests after a nice meal. Topped with fresh ricotta cheese and a drizzling of a balsamic reduction, you will feel spoiled but appreciate how fresh and healthy this dessert is. Enjoy!
- 2 ripe peaches, halved with pits removed
- ½ cup fresh ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup balsamic reduction
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- Oil the grate (grill) and heat on med-high. When the grill is nice and hot, grill each half peach for 4-5 minutes per side. Placed peaches on a plate with cut side facing up. Place a dollop of approximately 2 tablespoons of fresh ricotta cheese in the center of each peach half and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Garnish with a sprig of mint. Enjoy!
- *Balsamic Brown Sugar Reduction Recipe
- /2 cup balsamic vinegar and ¼ cup of packed brown sugar
- Cook the vinegar/brown sugar mixture down on med-high heat until it is reduced by half, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool before serving.