I’ll have a Double: Iced Thai Latte Recipe

thaiicedcoffee21 Ill have a Double: Iced Thai Latte RecipeFor some reason today I was craving Thai iced coffee but ever since we replaced our broken coffee maker for an espresso machine, I’ve had to adapt my specialty coffee drinks into specialty espresso concoctions.

Today was the first time I tried making an iced Thai latte.  I was so proud of myself because it turned out so well.  A while back I purchased a bag of whole cardamon pods and have enjoyed discovering new and different ways to use them.  Today I used them to spice up my afternoon, literally.

Although I found several iced Thai coffee recipes on the internet, there were none for lattes.  So I decided to come up with my own.   Both my husband and I are so glad I did.  I hope you will be too. Enjoy!

cardamonpods1 Ill have a Double: Iced Thai Latte Recipe

Iced Thai Latte Recipe
Ingredients:
2 shots of espresso (or 1/2 cup of super strong coffee)
2 cardamon pods (seeds only), ground to a fine powder (or 1/4 tsp. of cardamon powder)
1 tbs. of sugar
2 tbs. of condensed milk
1 cup of crushed iced
1 cup of milk

Directions:
In a tall glass, add sugar, condensed milk, milk, cardamon, and espresso stirring until well combined. Add crushed iced slowly and serve.

espressocondensedmilk Ill have a Double: Iced Thai Latte Recipe

pin it button Ill have a Double: Iced Thai Latte Recipe

Comments

That’s so neat!! I love thai iced coffee, too. I wish I had an espresso maker. Come to think of it, I think I have small stove top one somewhere around the kitchen. You’ve got me craving for some now!! This would be a perfect way to perk up my day.

Oh wow this looks really good. I’m always amazed at how creative people are in the kitchen:) Now I just need to make me one of these super yummy iced coffees!

That sounds delicious, and probably a lot healthier than the premix Thai-iced tea mix. Not to even mention the place I used to go to that used nondairy creamer instead of condensed milk. Gag me with a spoon. How do you like having the espresso machine instead of the coffee pot? I’d like to go that way if I could convince the fam.

Thanks everyone. I love this drink. IT is particularly good for those who love coffee and chai.

Michael: We waited a long time debating whether or not to purchase this machine. Our machine is fully automatic except I do foam my own milk. With that said, both my husband and I would go to SBUX daily and we figured out the machine will pay for itself in 6 months or less. I don’t miss my coffee maker at all. When guests come over we serve them espresso and everyone is happy.

5. eunice says

This is amazing. I don’t have an espresso machine so I used strong coffee from the pot. The chardamon is what makes it! I was always wondering what that yummy taste was from when I ordered Thai coffee. Delish. Thanks a bunch!

6. Samantha says

Is there anything I could use instead of condensed milk? It’s not something we normally have in the house.

• alice says

Hi Samantha: You can easily omit the condensed milk and just use milk, half and half, or cream. Sweeten as you like. Hope this helps!