This has been a great year of recipes on Savory Sweet Life. I hope you’ve enjoyed them as much as I have. It was difficult to narrow down my favorite recipes of 2009, if I could have chosen all of them I would have! Instead I used how frequent I make them as a way of choosing them. So lets jump right in!
- Smores – Who could forget this easy way of preparing a huge amount of smores right in the oven?
- Frappuccino – Raise your hand if you would prefer to save $5 instead of giving it to Starbucks? That’s what I thought too!
- Strawberry Spinach Salad – This is one of my favorite salads of all time.. and I love that it’s so healthy and good for you.
- Chicken Satay with Coconut Peanut Sauce – We eat this almost every other week because my kids love it.
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – You will never look at banana bread the same way again.
- Chocolate Ganache 3 Ways – My favorite frosting in the whole entire world.
- Kalbi -I grew up eating Korean BBQ Short Ribs… it’s one of my most treasured dishes.
- Pad Thai – I love this recipe because it is so damn good. If you are willing to understand how to correctly stir fry noodles, this is the recipe for you!
- Cream Scones – This recipe is so versatile it is worth memorizing. Love eating them plain, with butter, or as a base for strawberry shortcakes.
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ever! – I realize there are millions of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there with bold claims of being the best, but really…… these babies are genuinely awesome.
What to expect in 2010: More simple, everyday recipes. I firmly believe cooking and baking does not need to be complicated to be good. I look forward to sharing with you more of my favorite dishes I’m preparing for my family so you can share it with yours. Happy New Year!