Did you know the way to a man’s heart is through seven layer dip? Seriously. Superbowl Sunday is days away and football fans everywhere will be dipping tortilla chips in guacamole, salsa, and refried beans.
Seven layer dip is the best of all worlds. The dip itself is very easy to make especially if you buy pre-made guacamole and salsa.
Instead of preparing the dip in a large platter I decide to make individual sized portions. This way I can pull them out of the fridge as needed. If you’re looking for an easy and fun dip to celebrate Superbowl Sunday or any party, look no further. Enjoy!
- 1 - 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 - 1 oz package taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup pico de gallo or salsa
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (for gluten-free please use fresh shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese often has gluten added to prevent caking)
- 1 2.25 oz can black olives, chopped or sliced
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl mix the refried beans and taco seasonings.
- Spread the mixture in a pie plate sized platter or several small individual containers.
- Next, layer the sour cream followed by the guacamole and salsa.
- Top the dip off with Cheddar cheese, chopped olives, and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!